January 7, 2011

LOVE AND OTHER DISASTERS




One of my favorite movies. And one of the best movies for its fashion. The main character, Jacks, channels a modern day Audrey Hepburn. Jacks (played by Brittany Murphy) is a stylist at VOGUE who meets her Mr. Perfect - a dark, handsome, Paolo. But she is too afraid to believe that he's real. Instead she goes into a frenzy trying to play matchmaker with him and her roommate. I love Jacks for not only her style but her personality: "I don't want to be one of those awful characters out of a movie that gushes out their past while violins play". You'll find yourself wishing you were part of the crazy world in which she lives. As for her wardrobe- I love her pink vintage coat and white sequin dress. She makes me wish I could pull off bangs, and want to wear a black ribbon in my hair. ♥

Do you know of any good fashion movies?

No comments: